Leo4Green is a service activity that was born in MD108 Italy and was adopted by the ILO Council as the new European Activity at the Pre-Leo Europa Forum that has been held in Pärnu in January 2016.
The goal of the activity is to improve environmental awareness by promoting environmental friendly service activities, such as cleaning beaches and parks, planting new trees, colleting food for charities or animal shelters, and any other environmental projects you can think of!
As European Leos & Mediterranean Leos, all united, we wish for a greener environment and a better planet. These wishes can only be accomplished with the help of all Leo Clubs and by inspiring our local and national communities.
The goal of the activity is to improve environmental awareness by promoting environmental friendly service activities, such as cleaning beaches and parks, planting trees, colleting food for charities or animal shelters, and much more...!
Sign the Manifesto!
Signing the Manifesto is the first step to become part of the Leo4Green family. It is our way of saying, as Leos, that we want to make our planet a better place! Want to join? You can download the Leo4Green Manifesto, sign it and send it to our e-mail!
Ideas for Activities
Do you want to join our activity, but have no idea on how to actually contribute? Here is a list of possible activities you can organize with your club to express your Leo4Green spirit!
- Give out trash bags at frequently used places (like pic-nic areas, parks or highly touristic areas) to give people the opportunity to clean up right away.
- Clean up a certain area of the city. Just ask the town-hall where the Leo power is needed!
- Plant trees or take care of some neglected green areas in your town by getting in touch with the town-hall and asking where help is needed.
- Plant special plants like lavender and basil to help increasing the population of bees, one of the most important insects for our eco-system.
- Reduce the amount of printed paper in your Club/District and promote the same practice in your local communities!
- Ask people at grocery or pet stores to buy one more bag of dog/cat food to be donated to animal shelters or homeless people who own pets.
- Walk, play or shower animals in shelters.
- Organize events to raise awareness over endangered animal species.
- Raise funds to be donated to dog shelters or other animal heavens that are in need of funds.
- Develop a rehabilitation project for an animal shelter.
- Organize awareness activities, including at school, about the importance of clean water or the need to reduce water waste.
- Clean up lakes shores, sea sides or any other near-water area in your cities.
- Raise funds to invest in projects concerning clean water.
- Spend the day together riding bikes and discovering the city. It also helps the club well-being and raises awareness!
- Promote walking or the use of public transport in your local communities.
- Share car rides to participate in Leo meetings or events, in order to reduce the usage of cars and the consequent pollution.