International Liaison Officer
The ILOs are the representatives from European and Mediterranean Leo Countries and their aim is to connect Leos around the world!
In the European and Mediterranean area, the International Liaison Officers (ILOs) are the representatives of their District or Multiple-District within the international Leo Movement. There is one ILO per country and, together with ILOs from other countries, they form the ILO Council. The ILO Council is in constant online contact, meets in online conferences on a monthly basis and in person at least twice a year at the Leo Europa Forum and Leo Europa Pre Forum.
Why do we need ILOs?
The ILOs are not only the official representation of their own country’s Leo Movement abroad, but are also the bridge of information to and from their national realities. Thus, the ILOs must:
- Be open to the international Leo movement and exchange experiences and ideas.
- Elaborate strategies for the development of the Leo movement, both at a national and international level
- Support the organization and planning of international projects and events.
- Establish a Council, representing European Leos globally and providing a communication channel from other regions to the European area.
What are the duties of an ILO?
ILOs have multiple duties. The first of them is to be the communication link between the ILO Council and their respective MD/D. By doing so, they include their country in all kinds of activities and all information coming from the international movement.
Additional duties of an ILO include:
- Partaking in at least one of the Task Teams inside the ILO Council
- Promoting the Leo movement at a national and worldwide level
- Promoting Leos at Lions national and international (LCI) levels
- Executing requests and sharing information from other ILOs and Leos
- Providing assistance to Lions and Leos in newly established Leo/Lions countries
- Reporting to their respective MD/D Board about the situation of the Leo movement in other countries.